Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy president Rajendra Singh Babu and Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce president Sa Ra Govindu on Tuesday met Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and submitted a memorandum to him and requested him to support the Kannada film industry.
The details of the memorandum are as follows:
* Swarna Kamal award films must be given 25 lakhs, Rajatha Kamal awards films must get 20 lakhs, State award films must get 20 lakhs, novel based films to get 20 lakhs and all other quality films must get 15 lakhs each.
* Building Janatha theaters in all district centres of Karnataka. These theaters must screen Kannada films only and no other language films. 50 Lakhs can be given to the new theaters while 25 lakhs to be given for renovation.
* Kannada films should be screened in all multiplexes in the prime time and the multiplex ticket rates should be reduced to 120 Rs.
* The artistes and technicians of Regional films like Kodava, Tulu, Bangara, Byaari, Konkani must also be recognised and suitable awards can be given to them.
* Two new awards to be constituted for achievers of Kannada film industry.
* Goonda act must be more effective to stop piracy of Kannada films.
* Online ticket system must be regularised in all theaters.
* To start a Film Archive in the coming days.